The ride will start in the picturesque Dulwich Park, just a stone’s throw away from the iconic finish at the Velodrome, and the route goes out to the stunning Surrey Hills taking in Box Hill as cycled on by Mark Cavendish and Lizzie Armitstead in the 2012 Olympics.
All cyclists will have the unique experience of cycling around the Olympic track as part of their finish experience and will then be invited to stay and cheer on the other finishers whilst enjoying refreshments with family and other riders.
“My love of cycling started at the Herne Hill Velodrome; it gives young people the opportunity to experience a whole new sport and activity. What’s more it’s part of England’s racing history and it generates our country’s future winners.”
Sir Bradley Wiggins
- Stunning route taking in the beautiful Surrey Hills and landmarks from London’s Olympic history
- Fantastic finish venue at Herne Hill Velodrome
- Cyclists have the chance to tackle Box Hill
- Activities for all the family at the finish venue
- Event packs sent out in the post – no need to register on the day
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Finisher’s medal
Find out more and sign up here: http://humanrace.co.uk/event/london-cycle-sportive/